Indian-born actress Freida Pinto attended St. Xavier's College in Mumbai before embarking upon a career in modeling. The striking young woman had no trouble attracting attention in the industry, and within a few years she caught the eye of filmmaker Danny Boyle, who cast her in his 2008 film Slumdog Millionaire. She then appeared in the Woody Allen-directed 2010 comedy You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, before tackling the title role in 2011's Miral, an autobiographical drama about an orphaned Palestinian girl drawn into the conflict following the Arab-Israeli war. She appeared in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and starred in Michael Winterbottom's modern retelling of Thomas Hardy's Tess of the D'Ubervilles.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Began her career as a print and runway model in India.
- Anchored the travel series Full Circle on Zee TV, covering assignments throughout Asia.
- Made her big-screen debut in the acclaimed 2008 drama Slumdog Millionaire.
- Named one of People magazine's 100 Most Beautiful in 2009.
- Chosen as a spokesperson for L'Oréal Paris.