Though best known for her portrayal of middle child Jan Brady on the long-running sitcom The Brady Bunch, Eve Plumb continues to act and has made numerous film, television, and stage appearances since the end of the 1970s television staple. Ironically, one of these roles includes a one-episode stint as the original Pam Burkhart of That '70s Show; however, aside from several 1980s made-for-TV reunion and holiday specials, Plumb has made an effort to distance herself from the era and all things Brady.
Biography by Tracie Cooper
- Started her career at the age of 6 in commercials for Mattel toys, sang with the Jimmy Joyce Children's Chorus and had parts on The Big Valley and Family Affair.
- Best known for the role of middle daughter Jan Brady on The Brady Bunch, which she played from 1969 until 1974.
- Was a varsity cheerleader and homecoming queen in high school.
- In a break from her squeaky-clean Brady image, starred as a teen prostitute in Dawn: Portrait of a Teenage Runaway (1976).
- Though participating in nearly every Brady Bunch spin-off, was the only cast member to turn down The Brady Bunch Hour, a singing and dancing variety show.
- Was a member of the Groundlings comedy troupe.
- Played the mother in the 1990s series Fudge, based on the Judy Blume books.
- The '90s alt-rock band Eve's Plum was named in her honor.
- Is a self-taught painter who specializes in oil still lifes.