- Began studying ballet at age 6; and left home at age 15 to become a ballerina with the San Francisco Ballet. Among her highlights: performing at the Metropolitan Opera House in New York,
- Left ballet after three years to pursue acting; and supported herself as a bartender while taking acting classes.
- Is a trained stunt driver; and is also proficient with firearms.
- Served as Julia Roberts' body double in the opening scenes of the 1990 movie Pretty Woman.
- Supports an array of charities, including the National Hospice Palliative Care Organization; My Good Friend; The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research; and Project Angel Food.