- Played basketball starting at age 5, until she sustained an injury in the seventh grade prompting her to take dance classes to stretch her body.
- Performed in commercials for Canon, Shoe Carnival and Japanese soft-drink company Suntory; also did voice-over work for an AT&T radio campaign.
- Has appeared in print ads for Apple, Verizon and American Express, among others.
- After years studying solely as a dancer in her teens, she was encouraged by her manager to take up acting to widen her career opportunities.
- First recurring role was Tinkerballa in the award-winning show The Guild.
- Landed one of the 20 coveted spots in ABC's Diversity Talent Showcase in 2014 for which 7,000 people applied, and approximately 700 were chosen to audition.