Her name synonymous with gloss and glamour, the traffic-stopping Aussie import Rachael Taylor carried within her a natural on-camera presence. It therefore failed to surprise anyone when Taylor landed a consistent series of roles in Hollywood features, beginning in 2004. She took her initial bow in Sydney for legendary director Peter Bogdanovich, with a bit part in that helmer's fine 2004 telepic The Mystery of Natalie Wood, but failed to live up to this promise given her subsequent involvement in Tinseltown slasher films, such as the 2005 Man-Thing and the 2006 See No Evil. Taylor took several steps up the Hollywood ladder when recruited to appear in Michael Bay's live-action, summer 2007 blockbuster Transformers, as Maggie Madsen. In the years to come, Taylor would remain active on screen, appearing on shows like Grey's Anatomy and the reboot of Charlie's Angels.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Was crowned Miss Teen Tasmania 1998.
- Began her career in theater in Australia and New Zealand.
- For her work on the soap Headland, she was nominated for Australia's Logie Award for Most Popular New Female Talent in 2006.
- Was named one of the 7 Fresh Faces in Film at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival.
- Was featured in an ad campaign for the clothing brand Bonds.
- Had a recurring role on Grey's Anatomy.