A daughter -- as her familiar surname suggests -- of Hearst Publishing heiress and SLA brainwash victim Patricia Campbell "Patty" Hearst-Shaw, Lydia Hearst grew up in New England. She seemed predestined to a career as on-camera talent, with the sort of facial features and measurements worshipped by magazine glossies and catwalks. And indeed, the young Hearst embarked on one of the most successful modeling careers of the early 21st century, posing in such exotic locales as London, Paris, and Florence. Meanwhile, in a move suggesting that the entrepreneurship of W.R. Hearst was hereditary, she branched out into a secondary career designing apparel for Puma, emphasizing both high-end handbags and fitness wear. Hearst commenced television work in 2007, by guesting on an episode of the popular series Gossip Girl.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- One of the heiresses of publishing magnate William Randolph Hearst's estate and fortune.
- Claims that due to her small feet, she has superglued her feet to standard-sized shoes when walking runways.
- Served as ambassador for Swarovski's Heart Truth campaign and for Operation Smile.
- Has been featured on the cover of magazines in France, Italy, Japan, Korea, and the United States.
- Before her 2016 wedding to Chris Hardwick, held her bachelorette party at Hearst Castle.