Known to many as the humorless Stanley on TV's The Office, Leslie David Baker studied psychology at Loyola University and human services administration at Spertus College of Judica before making several small appearances in commercials and on shows like Scrubs. He also appeared in the movie Elizabethtown before joining the cast of The Office in 2006.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Studied psychology in college and worked at three psychiatric hospitals.
- Briefly taught special education.
- Worked in various Chicago city-administration posts, including the Department of Health, the city's AIDS program and policies, the Office of Cable and Communications, and the Board of Education.
- Was a consultant for the U.S. Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control.
- Appeared in numerous television commercials before landing the role of Stanley in The Office.
- Suffered from food poisoning during the shooting of The Office's pilot episode. His real-life discomfort served to enhance his character's cranky spirit.