- Attended the School for Creative and Performing Arts from the fourth to the 10th grade.
- Hosted her own show called Cincinnati Youth Times while in high school.
- While attending Howard University, she co-hosted BET's Teen Summit talk show from 1998 to 2000.
- Started her career as a stand up comedian, performing at clubs in Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
- Is also a singer and a performed with a group called Assorted Flavors in 2008.
- In 2014, she wrote and produced her first film, an independent short called A Super Secret.