- Made a storyboard in English for Bibhutibhushan's adventure classic Chander Pahar at the age of 14.
- Failed in all subjects in his 10th grade examination.
- Worked in the advertising industry before he started as a filmmaker.
- Prepared for the joint engineering entrance examinations, but secretly sent an application to the National Institute of Design (NID).
- Studied visual communication at NID, but dropped out after attending college for 2 years.
- Started working as a trainee with a corporate film and audio-video maker Sam Mathew.
- Became a copywriter; moved on to become the Creative Group Head for Contract Delhi, a subsidiary J.W. Thompson.
- Established an ad film company called Watermark, along with two of his friends.
- Made his directorial debut with the movie Khosla ka Ghosla (2006).