- During sophomore year of high school, his drama teacher heard him sing the national anthem at a school pep rally and encouraged him to audition for a role in the school's rock musical The Me Nobody Knows; got the lead role of Clorox.
- Landed a full scholarship to the University of Alaska Fairbanks Summer Fine Arts Camp; it was there that he knew he wanted to pursue acting for his career.
- Made film debut when he was cast in The Ten starring Paul Rudd and Jessica Alba in 2007.
- Won the 2008 NAACP Theatre Award for Best Lead Male Actor for his performance as Johnson Whittaker in the play A Matter of Honor.
- Received the Best Actor Award in 2009 at the San Diego Black Film Festival for his performance in the film The Least Among You.
- Initially was rejected for a part in the ABC series Mind Games but knew he was right for it, so he created a new tape and sent it back in and eventually got the role of Latrell.