- His father, Whitney Lee Savage, was an artist known for his work on Sesame Street.
- Was a child actor; voiced animated characters his father created for Sesame Street, and appeared in a Charmin commercial as a stock boy in a grocery store.
- Wore a suit of armor made from roof flashing by his father for Halloween in high school, which caused him to pass out from heat exhaustion.
- Has built models that have appeared in such movies as Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and The Matrix Reloaded.
- Taught advanced model making at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.